The Panzerkampfwagen VI( Sd.Kfz 181)(better known as a Tiger tank) were organised into heavy tank battalions used during World War II. In this series both the Tiger I and Tiger II appear. The Tiger I first saw action around Leningrad in November 1942 on the (Ost Front )Eastern Front and later in 1943 Tunisia inn North Africa. By 1944 the Tiger legend was fully feared due to it's 4 " thick face hardened amour plate and it's powerful Kwk 36 L/56 88 mm gun. However the Tigers 56 tonne weight broke down transmissions and drive trains , made them very unreliable , hard to service and twice as expensive to produce as a normal panzer.
Medal of Honor and Underground
For the first time Tiger tanks appear on the level of "Sabotage the Motorpool", where they are the target for sabotage. At the level of "The Nebelwerfer Hunt" need to attract the attention of the tiger tank, so he blew up the wall, and then it needs to destroy the player. At the level of "Diverting the Enemy" they are again a target for sabotage. The largest number of tigers appear in the mission "Day of the Tiger", where they try to stop the allied King Tiger. The only appearance of Tiger tanks in expansions was at the levels "Hunt Begins" and "Return".
In Medal of Honor: Infiltrator, the Tiger can be driven in Thunderbolt and Mousetrap. The player can control main cannon and machine gun in the turret. The enemy can destroy it with grenades, Panzerschrecks and anti-tank guns. Also in the first three missions from the first person Tiger appears as the enemy.
In Medal of Honor: European Assault, the Tiger is encountered in North Africa.
In Medal of Honor: Airborne it is fought in Saved By Sacrifice and The Opening. The player is tasked on destroying 3 of these tanks in Young Fools. It can only be destroyed with Gammon grenades, explosive charges, recoiless rifles, and Panzerschrecks.
- For the entire franchise, the player is able to destroy 77 Tiger tanks.
- Despite the fact that at least at the beginning of Operation: Overlord Tiger tanks were sent to the British and Canadian landing zones, while Panther tanks were visible in the American landing zones, the Tiger tank throughout the series is a frequent enemy in battles in France.
- The Tiger seen in Search the Town was originally going to be an enemy.
- In Medal of Honor: Airborne, it is possible to hear screams coming out of the tank when it is destroyed.
- In Medal of Honor: Airborne, it is possible to get on top of some 'live' Tiger tanks by jumping onto their side and then the turret (or simply parachuting on it when possible). The player will be safe from the tank as long as they are on the turret since the cannon and gunner cannot hit the player. When the player is on the turret, the Tiger's main gun will sometimes attempt to shoot at the player by pointing at an abnormally elevated angle.
- It is the first tank to appear in the series (see above).
- The Tiger seems to be the main tank for the German forces in Medal of Honor: Vanguard. This is inaccurate as Panzer IVs were much more common during World War II. Also the tank was referred as a main battle tank in the game, which is incorrect.
- In Allied Assault the Tiger in France and the Tiger Afrika korps have different camouflage, however it is not easy to notice.
- In the beta version of Allied Assault, the Tiger tank had another, green camouflage. And this version of the tiger was the same in Africa and in France.
- In European Assault, a later version of the Tiger tank appears, which did not exist at the time of 1942.
- For unknown reasons, in the expansions after the destruction of the Panzer IV gets destroyed by the Tiger tank.
- In Infiltrator Tiger tank at levels from first-person has the same camouflage that beta camo Tiger tank in Allied Assault. Parked unused tigers in the same game have the same camouflage as the Tiger tank in the Allied Assault release.
- In Airborne, player can see that the angles of gun aiming are exaggerated. Therefore, it is possible to notice how the mantlet is outside turret.