Return to Fort Schmerzen is the sixth and final mission in Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. The mission is divided into five levels: The Siegfried Forest, Die Sturmgewehr, also The Communications Blackout, The Schmerzen Express and Storming Fort Schmerzen.
Briefing[edit | edit source]
"Last November, one of your fellow operatives, Lieutenant James Patterson, destroyed the enemy’s plans for mustard gas production at a secret Nazi facility along the Siegfried Line, a place called Fort Schmerzen. Unfortunately, new intelligence suggests that Schmerzen’s commander, one Colonel Muller, has somehow restored the Fort to operation. The OSS has received reports of trains headed towards the Fort, hauling prisoners of war from the Hurtgen Forest. It’s possible Schmerzen is just a stop-over point for POWs being moved east, but my gut feeling is Muller has more nefarious reasons for rebuilding the Fort. Whatever is going on inside Schmerzen, your orders are to wipe this facility off the map once and for all. To help you, we’ve formed a special assault force of Rangers hand-picked from your old unit. They’ll be bringing enough high explosives to reduce Schmerzen to rubble.We’re sending you in first, to cut off all lines of communication from Schmerzen to the outside world. Next, a POW train headed to Schmerzen will have to be intercepted. The commandeered train will then serve as the “Trojan Horse” that delivers you and your fellow Rangers into the Schmerzen compound. From there, fight your way in, plant the charges, and get out as fast as you can. Needless to say, make sure any POW’s you encounter are clear of the blast area.You’re dismissed. Good luck."
Levels[edit | edit source]
- Find and destroy the 20mm Flaks.
- Keep tracking towards the rally point.
- Infiltrate the base (Hint: find a disguise).
- Steal blueprints for StG44.
- Steal an StG44.
- Destroy the weapons stockpile.
- Exfiltrate the base.
- Plant explosives in the radio command post, in the northeast corner of the town to Cut the Line of Communication of Between Schmerzen and the Rest of the World.
- Escape through the Commandant's residence on the south side of town.
- Locate and enter POW train station.
- Cut the power to the electric fence.
- Send radio communication.
- Snipe the tower guards and avoid excessive casualties.
- Unlock the cell block and free the POWs.
- Plant the explosives on the fuel control valves.
- Open the main fuel line valve.
- Find a way into the inner facility.
- Acquire a gas mask.
- Fight and Make your way Down to the Schmerzen's lower level.
- Open the main gas valves.
- Plant the explosives.
- Return to the elevator Allow you to get out of this Place.
- Escape Fort Schmerzen As Fast you Can.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Judging by the photos in the beta version of the game, the mission took place in the morning or afternoon.