Pistol Pete Showdown is the fifth mission in Medal of Honor: Rising Sun.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
Primary[edit | edit source]
- Locate Lost Allied Patrol
- Find and Destroy Pistol Pete Artillery
- Rescue Lost Allied Patrol
- Escort Harrison to Pistol Pete
- Rendezvous with Martin Clemens
- Escape across Final Bridge
Secondary[edit | edit source]
- Storm Pack Howitzer Emplacement
- Save Harrison
Weapons[edit | edit source]
Bonuses[edit | edit source]
- Men With Hats (Entrenchment tool required)
- Film canister 1 - Martin Clemens (Valor in History)
- Film canister 2 - Storyboards
- Multiplayer Skin - Martin Clemens
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Cpl. Joseph Griffin (Playable)
- Pvt. Brooks
- Pvt. Thomason
- Maj. Martin Clemens
- Lt. Edmund Harrison
- Pfc. Dean K. Lee
- GSgt. Jack Lauton
- Col. Michael Paul Floyd
Vehicles[edit | edit source]
Historical Info[edit | edit source]
The capture of the airfield did not end the fighting on Guadalcanal. The Japanese still had control of the seas, and a fresh force soon arrived to retake the island from the Allies. Entrenched artillery positions and hidden snipers made the airfield all but usable.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Martin Clemens is the only real life person to appear in the game.
- Despite Dean and the other POW breathing when they're cut from their bonds, they don't follow Griffin, and just lay down. Either they are unconscious or exhausted.
- Pvt. Thomason for some reason will not follow you after you clear the camp, despite him being part of your squad.
- Clemens may sometimes not appear at the brook, leaving Silas or Keip to fend off the Japanese soldiers alone, and causing the Thompson submachine gun to not be given, although ammo for the gun will still appear.
- On the mission's storyboard, the player was to use a cord to cave-in the second gun, and shoot the explosives pack to destroy the bridge.
- For unknown reasons, the tank machine gun at this level does not shoot the player, though it is aimed.