Midnight Raid On Guadalcanal is the fourth mission in Medal of Honor: Rising Sun.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
Primary[edit | edit source]
- Reach Landing Area
- Reach Outpost
- Destroy Ammo Dump
- Secure Depot
Secondary[edit | edit source]
- Collect Intelligence Documents (5)
- Destroy Generator
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- M1911 Colt .45
- M1903/A5 Springfield
- Type 11 LMG (mounted and unmounted)
- Type 97 Grenade
- Type 96 AA gun (mounted)
Bonuses[edit | edit source]
- Bullet Shield (Entrenchment tool required)
- Film canister 1 - William Lapsford and Roy Roush (Valor in History)
- Film canister 2 - Storyboards
- Multiplayer Skin - Tarver
Characters[edit | edit source]
Vehicles[edit | edit source]
Historical Info[edit | edit source]
Guadalcanal, a small island in the Solomon chain, became a critical battlefield for control of the Pacific; Japanese planes based there could cut the Allied supply chain to Australia. A small US force invaded the island under cover of night and faced their enemy for the first time in dense jungle and hostile terrain.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is somewhat odd that G. Novotny is among the allies encountered on the level as he is clearly seen being killed in the beginning of the level, Day of Infamy.
- With the exception of Gunny, any surviving squad members that follow you after the rendezvous ambush with stop following you at the lone pickup truck at the end of the cave and will remain at that location while the player advances further with Gunny.
- Davis and Adams do not appear on the raft if the game is played in Co-op, as well as the second squad of American Solders.
- In the Prima Strategy Guide for the game, it states that the skeleton key used in this level would unlock Joseph Griffin as a playable character in multiplayer. However, the skeleton key actually unlocks Tarver.
- If the player starts throwing grenades at the Type 95 Ha-Go standing near the ammunition depot, the tank will come to life and start shooting at the player.