This article is about the tank. For the rifle, see: M4
The M4 Sherman is an American medium tank featured in some WWII Medal of Honor games. The M4 Sherman was one of the primary tank for the allied forces during World War 2. The M4 Sherman is equipped with a 75mm cannon, a Browning M2HB 50.Cal machine gun and 2x Browning M1919A4 30.cal machine guns. The Sherman's biggest flaw it's armor which was easily penetrated by anti-tank weapons such as: a Panzerschreck or a Pak 36. After World War 2 Sherman tanks were used in the 1948 Arab-Israeli War and in the Korean War.
- 1 Medal of Honor: Allied Assault: Spearhead and Breakthrough
- 2 Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault
- 3 Medal of Honor: European Assault
- 4 Medal of Honor: Vanguard
- 5 Medal of Honor: Airborne
- 6 Medal of Honor: Airborne (mobile phone) / Medal of Honor: Airborne Elite
- 7 Medal of Honor: Heroes
- 8 Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond
- 9 Trivia
A destroyed Sherman appears in Operation Overlord and Top of the Mountain. The tank however played a much bigger role on the expansion pack, Breakthrough. In Breakthrough there are several Shermans featured during the Kassarine Pass campaign and Monte-Cassino including a mine-sweeper variant.
For the first time Sherman can be seen in the cutscene to the level Henderson Airfield. During the battle of Tarawa, one Sherman tank is a temporary ally in the third level. It is attacked by Type 97 and is often impossible to save. In addition, throughout the mission, you can find destroyed Sherman tanks.
Four Sherman tanks appear at the start of the mission Operation: Virus House, but all four eventually get destroyed. An already destroyed Sherman tank is located behind the player at the start of Mission to Rocherath.
A Sherman appears in a multiplayer mode (Meet Me in Bastogne); it is unusable.
They are seen in Medal of Honor: Airborne, in "The Opening" where they appear driving towards the bridge, when one of them is destroyed by a German soldier with a Panzerschreck after the soldiers are killed and a Tank on the bridge is destroyed they move forwards as part of the Convoy across the Nijmegen Bridge
Medal of Honor: Airborne (mobile phone) / Medal of Honor: Airborne Elite[edit | edit source]
The Sherman appears in the Battle of the Bulge missions; they were never seen firing, but are used for cover.
The M4 Sherman appears in Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- For the first time on the Pacific front, the Shermans began to fight on Tarawa. Their appearance on Guadalcanal, in Pacific Assault, is not historically accurate.
- Given that the files Medal of honor: Allied Assault is intact version of the tank, he had to appear somewhere else, in addition to the operation "Overlord" and multiplayer maps.
- The Sherman in MOHPA has a muzzle brake on the gun, although he never fitted it on this gun (although this muzzle brake gun was used on M3 tanks)
- Despite the fact that the Breakthrough appears intact Sherman tank, it does not have a M2 Browning machine gun on the roof, which was supposed to have Sherman in MOHAA.
- In MOHPA, Sherman in cutscenes is different from Sherman in the game.
- Quite strange that in MOHPA Type 97 proved to be stronger than a Sherman tank, because in reality the Sherman was superior to all the Japanese tanks.