Gunnery Sergeant Francis "Frank" Evan Minoso is a character in Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault. He was born in Trenton, New Jersey on September 20, 1919, and was a skilled machinist during his youth. He had a dream of opening up his own garage. He has a hulking frame and is considered the strongest of Private Thomas Mitchell Conlin's squad. After he out-talked the recruiter at the local YMCA he decided to enlist. He was the favorite of the drill sergeant in boot camp and was promoted to Sergeant before the Makin Island Raid. He was promoted to Gunnery Sergeant afterwards, on Guadalcanal. His Browning Automatic Rifle is a personal treasure, but when he is wounded during combat by a Zero, he hands it over to Conlin as he becomes team leader before the Tarawa invasion.
During Flyboys, he was the rear gunner of the SBD Dountless aircraft. Once for plane flew "Zero" and wounded Minoso, because of what he could not destroy the pursuer. If the player destroys "Zero", then Minoso survives. If the player fails to destroy the plane, the SBD is shot down, and Frank is killed.
At the time of the Tarawa Invasion, Frank Minoso was flirting with a Nurse in a Naval Hospital, while his squadmates were risking their lives in the Pacific, as evidenced from the dialogue in the game credits.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Aside from what is seen of him in Boot Camp, his military life before joining the 2nd Raider Battalion is relatively unknown (though he might have been at either Bataan or the East Indies as implied by Thomas Conlin during the narration for Makin.).
- Even though he frequently says he's ladies' man, at Bloody Ridge he begins to tell Tommy a different story but never gets a chance to tell him. All the details indicating his stories might just be fictitious.
- He's going to ask his girlfriend to marry him.
- He has a vitriolic friendship with Willy Gaines.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Stripes come from up high, you redneck."
— Minoso to Willy Gaines after receiving his promotion to Gunnery Sergeant.