Since the beginning of the war the Germans have been plundering the occupied countries of their valuable wealth; this includes art and gold. Now that they are losing the war, the Germans have decided to destroy the treasure least it falls into allied hands. Therefore, Patterson is ordered to stop the Germans from blowing up a salt mine that houses valuable art treasure. On his way to the mine, Patterson destroys the garrison's generator fuel. The upper level of the mine has Demo Squads that are preparing explosives; Patterson kills the squad and makes his way to the lower mine. There he disarms the already prepared explosives and fights his way out of the mine.
- Destroy Generator Fuel
- Locate Mine Entrance
- Eliminate 8 SS Demo Squad Members
- Recover Dahood Manuscript
- Acquire Elevator Key
- Locate Elevator
- Locate the Curator Inventory
- Locate and Disarm All Bombs
- Lt.James "Jimmy" Steven Patterson
- Manon Batiste (Level Briefings)
- Sturmbannfuhrer Ratter (unseen)
- Curator(unseen) (K.I.A.)
Without doubt the enemies in this mission are some of the hardest to beat. Not because of their numbers or accuracy, but their armament. Many German soldiers are armed with Panzerschrecks; especially the ones in the mines. One shot from one of these will instantly kill the player. It is not uncommon for enemies to attack the player from behind.
- Arctic Trooper
- Waffen-SS Light
- Waffen-SS Demo Squad
- Inconsistency - In the briefing Patterson is sent to the Austrian salt mine in Altaussee, but in the game he goes to the Merker's salt mine which is situated in Germany, Merkers-Kieselbach.
- Altaussee is incorrectly spelled "Alt Aussee" in the mission briefing
- Steinburg was not the name of the salt mine itself, but the name of a tunnel extension which opened in 1319.
- The stolen paintings shown during the briefing include: