- "With the enemy located, the key to defeating them begins with securing a former Soviet airbase as your T.O.C.(Tactical Operations Center). Alongside AFO Neptune and Tariq's local miltia, you must penetrate the Taliban's defenses and seize the control tower."
- — Missions Menu Description
AFO team Neptune start off in a pick-up truck and are trying to reach the airfield gates. The massive assault is helped by the Afghan National Army. However, they are attacked by several Taliban trucks full of insurgents. Voodoo, as driver, manages to navigate the maze of outbuildings and manages to reach the gates, aided by Rabbit and an ANA soldier named Mahmood on an DShK. However, Mahmood is hit as the truck reaches the main gates so Rabbit takes over, engaging Taliban fighters and machine gun positions.
Neptune flanks through a ruined portion of the airfield in order to use the SOFLAM from a secure area to mark two guard towers and an armored vehicle for an airstrike. Once the targets are destroyed, Neptune proceeds further into the airfield, engaging and destroying Taliban mortar and sniper teams before reaching the control tower. The team deploys smoke to conceal their advance on the tower from RPG gunners and marksmen on the roof. Neptune breaches and clears the tower from the ground floor upwards, the Taliban inside having barricaded doors and engaging in hand to hand combat with the American Sailors, one of whom, Voodoo, kills an insurgent with an axe. Inside the tower, the team finds two ANA soldiers who appear to have been aggressively interrogated and executed.
Once in the control room, Rabbit again uses the SOFLAM to target various counter-attacking Taliban units for strafing runs and airstrikes. After the destruction of numerous RPG teams, technicals, and armored vehicles, the Taliban withdraw.
Related Achievements and Trophies
The following achievements/trophies can be completed on this mission.
|Welcome to the TOC||Complete Breaking Bagram||15 G||Bronze|
|The Sledgehammer||In Breaking Bagram, destroy 2 vehicles with a single 2000 lb Laser Guided Bomb||10 G||Bronze|
- Mother's and Voodoo's dialogue at the end of the mission (Mother: "Gentlemen, we just seized an airfield." Voodoo: "That was pretty fucking ninja.") is a reference to HBO's Generation Kill mini-series, where US Marines use the same lines after seizing an Iraqi airfield with literally no resistance.
- This is the only level in the game in which the player encounters enemy armor.
- This is the second level in which the player rides a technical and the first one where the player has to operate the machinegun in the bed of the truck.
- In reality, the mission was carried out by the British Special Boat Service (which are basically British SEALs)
- Remnants of the Soviet Union's botched invasion of Afghanistan can be seen judging by abandoned and rotting MiG-21 fighters and T-72's parked outside of Bagram Airfield.