Campaign[edit | edit source]
The AA-12 only appears in the mission Connect the Dots as Stump's secondary weapon. The AA-12 comes equipped with an EoTech 552 Holographic sight and being a secondary weapon it has unlimited reserve ammo. Due to it's limited range it is best suited for close range engagements.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Being the only primary shotgun in the game, the AA-12 delivers where other rifles cant. Packing an extreme punch at close range for the cost of range is the player's decision.
Coming with a mere 8 rounds, wasting ammunition is hardly useful, especially for Demolition class, being stuck in a reload situation might be certain death for a player caught in the middle of a fire fight. Therefore, Extended Mags can be a good choice, giving the player 12 rounds in one magazine instead of 8. However, reload time is drastically increased and the player gets one extra mag when spawning with the drum mags.
When firing from the hip, the AA-12's recoil can be quick to throw one off guard. The player must always aim down the sights as the recoil is much more controllable.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The AA-12 in the Alpha version of the game lacked the rear aperture sight, so whenever the player aimed down the sights the crosshairs didn't disappear.
- This is the first automatic, open-bolt shotgun in the whole series.
- There is faint text displaying "AA-12" on the stock.
- With the camouflage 'no camo', the white part is identical to 'Kangaroo' camo.
- The AA-12 is a secondary weapon in campaign but a primary in multiplayer.